Easily See a Doctor Online with Remedy Video Visits
Have you heard about telemedicine or telehealth from your employer or your health insurance company before, but were skeptical or confused about how to use it? We’re here to help! Basically telemedicine is just a fancy way of describing a doctors visit that happens over video or telephone. Licensed virtual doctors can prescribe you medicine and diagnose many common issues that used to require an in-person appointment.
Sounds pretty awesome, right? That’s why Remedy now offers telemedicine services that you can easily schedule online. Our local, licensed providers can come to you for a house call, or you can choose a Remedy Video Visit.
5 Reasons a Remedy Video Visit Might Be for You
- Quick and easy to use – Usually you can see a doctor in less than 15 minutes, and you don’t have to download any special apps or software to be able to access the care you need. It’s kind of like having a doctor on demand!
- HIPPA-compliant technology – On your end it doesn’t look much more complicated than FaceTime, but it’s private, secure and totally safe.
- Get a prescription without the wait – You can be prescribed medicine if you need it. Our doctor or advanced-practice provider will call it into your preferred pharmacy.
- Inexpensive – It’s WAY cheaper than a visit to the ER or Urgent Care.
- Peace of mind with expert care from a licensed provider – Sometimes you’re not sure if you need to see a doctor. Instead of obssessively checking WebMD, why not video chat with a doctor or nurse practitioner? They can help you make better decisions about what you should do.
- Get advice or a second opinion – With accessible and affordable online doctor visits, you can easily report early warning signs and take control over your health by getting access to a doctor over video.
How much do Remedy Video Visits cost?
Seeing an online doctor is very affordable. Video visits in Remedy’s virtual clinic are just $49 for self-pay or high-deductible patients. If you have health insurance from Aetna, Blue Cross, Cigna, Humana, or United Healthcare, there is often no co-pay for a video visit.
How does the process work?
- Schedule your appointment. From our app, you’ll be able to choose whether or not you’d like a house call doctor visit or a video visit.
- Choose video visit and schedule the time you prefer.
- Enter our virtual waiting room.
- Get treated by a licensed provider.
- If it’s decided that you need medicine, your prescription is called into a pharmacy near you.
Who should use telemedicine video visits?
Video visits, or telemedicine, are perfect for people who are usually in good health. If you have a compromised immune system, if you’re elderly, or if you’re very young, it’s often necessary to see you in person. That said, a video visit can help save you money because you can see a doctor over video who can tell you whether or not you need to be seen in person. If it’s best for you to see a doctor, Remedy can send one out to you.
What kind of symptoms can be treated over video?
Most everyday illnesses and conditions can be treated safely and effectively via video visit, including: Sinus Infections, Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Cold & Flu, Constipation, Diarrhea, Rashes, Infections, Small Wounds, Shingles, Hemorrhoids, Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), Heartburn, Nausea, Skin Inflammations, Sore Throat, Strep Throat, Fever, Headache, Joint Aches and Pains, Pink Eye, and Minor Pediatric conditions just to name a few.
There are so MANY times when a Remedy Video Visit is extra helpful!
- When you have medical questions that you want to discuss.
- When you’d like a second opinion.
- When you’re traveling or going somewhere and forgot your meds, our providers can call in a prescription to a pharmacy near you.
The Remedy Video Visit Difference?
- We’re not like other telemedicine providers. Maybe you had a bad experience with telemedicine before and are skeptical of using a Remedy Video Visit. Remedy is different. We’re totally committed to improving the patient experience — whether that’s in-person at your home or office, or treating you by We use the same doctors and advanced practice providers for our Video Visits as we do for our house calls. If you look at our reviews online, you’ll see that our provider ratings are almost 100% 5 stars.
- You are guaranteed the same level of service and personal care that you’ve come to depend on with Remedy.
- You’ll always talk to a licensed practitioner.
- We can send a doctor to you, or refer you to one, if we decide that you need additional care.
Remember: If you’re feeling sick, stay home. Remedy brings the doctor to you — either in person at your home or office or through your computer, smartphone or tablet!